- 2 cups oat flour (or any non-wheat baking flour)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 to 1 cup canned, pureed pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 4oz low- or fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 to 2 tbsp plain yogurt (low or fat free)
- 1 to 3 tbsp flour (if needed to thicken)
- Optional: 2-3 drops natural food coloring
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Trees
- Zuke’s Crunchy Naturals 2s Baked with Yogurt and Honey
To make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and ginger in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin and blackstrap molasses to the bowl and blend until it forms a ball of dough.
- Place ball of dough on a non-stick baking mat, parchment paper or a clean work surface sprinkled with flour.
- Place a piece of parchment paper over the ball of dough and use a rolling pin to flatten the dough until it is approximately 1/4-inch thick; Note: Separate dough into two batches for easier rolling.
- Use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes and place them on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes at 350°F. Then flip cookies over and bake on other side for another 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before icing.
To make the icing:
- Place cream cheese, honey and yogurt in mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- Mix in one tablespoon of flour at a time until you reach your desired consistency for spreading or piping onto cookies.
- Optional: add 2-3 drops of food coloring to icing and mix.
- Once cookies are completely cooled, decorate with icing as you wish, and top icing with Zuke’s Mini Naturals Trees and Zuke’s Crunchy Naturals 2s Baked with Yogurt and Honey!