To celebrate pumpkin season, we want to share this awesome recipe for Pumpkin Apple Pupcakes for your pup. Natalia and Willow from The Labs & Co show us how it’s done — they make these pupcakes look too good to pass up!
Pumpkin Apple Pupcakes
Recipe by Kelli Mlinarik Marko
Prep Time: 10-15 mins
Cooking time: 15-20 mins
Yield: 24 pupcakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
3/4 cup unsweetened canned pumpkin (NOT pie pumpkin)
1 medium apple; peeled and small diced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup cream cheese at room temperature
2 tablespoons applesauce
Zuke’s Mini Naturals for toppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oats, cinnamon, and flour. Pulse rolled oats ahead of time in a food processor if you want a finer texture.
- In another bowl, mix the pumpkin, apple sauce, eggs (slightly beaten), and apple.
- Slowly combine and mix the wet and dry ingredients. It will be a very thick mixture.
- Scoop batter into a greased mini-muffin tin. Pile the pupcakes up high as they will not rise. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until you see the tops just barely starting to brown. Remove from the oven, transfer to a cooling rack, and let cool completely (you can leave them overnight if you wish).
- To make the frosting, whisk together the cream cheese and apple sauce. If the frosting is not smooth enough, add one more tablespoon of apple sauce. Spread on pupcakes and decorate with Zuke’s Mini Naturals!
Follow more photo adventures from The Labs & Co at http://thelabsand.co
For more recipes by Kelli Mlinarik Marko, check out her Thai cookbook, A Taste of Heaven.